I started to get tired of maintaining every single vim plugin by hand.
git can be useful for this, but fighting with submodules is
not my cup of tea: this is where Vundle steps in!
Vundle (Vim + Bundle) is a plugin manager for vim. It allows
install/manage/uninstall/keep up to date scripts from
vim.org, github, or personal git repos.
All of this, in a dead simple way. To install this awesome piece of software,
just check the vundle website. To add a
plugin to vim, you just have to add a single line in your
Here are my vundle-managed plugins:
- gmarik/vundle: vundle manages vundle ;)
- scrooloose/syntastic: real-time error/warning checking for many languages ♥
- davidhalter/jedi-vim: autocompletion for Python
- ap/vim-css-color.git : css colours inside vim
- airblade/vim-gitgutter : gitgutter ♥
- majutsushi/tagbar : a sweet tagbar for big projects
- chriskempson/vim-tomorrow-theme : best colourscheme ever.
- bling/vim-airline : powerline's successor
- kshenoy/vim-signature : shows marks in the margin
Now, for backups, I just have to copy my
.vimrc instead of my whole .vim
directory. I don't have to fight anymore with submodules, because Vundle
takes care of them for me.